Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Trout fishing?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Trout fishing?

    I wouldn't say that trout fishing is easier than bass fishing. Trout tend to be more finicky, and skiddish than bass. The only time bass are difficult is when your gettig them off the nest.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #12
    Inactive Member lpd05's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2005
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Trout fishing?

    Trout fishing is ok, and I can't really complain since there is not a lot to do in late January...But too many people just seem to know when they are stocking. I have honestly found that late afternoon on a stocking day can be tough fishing. A ton of people raid these fishing holes. What is wrong with fishing for sport. I don't believe I have ever taken a trout out of a stocked area or anywhere else for that matter.
    Clintwood Greenwave
    Back-to-Back Region D Champions
    2008 LPD Champions

    "State in '08"


  3. #13
    Inactive Member Ghetto_Heisman's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2005
    Posts
    593
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Trout fishing?

    I used to keep fish and put in my pond but its pretty much full and I usually just throw alot back now
    No Regrets

  4. #14
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Trout fishing?

    I didn't really mean to imply that trout fishing was vastly easier than bass fishing. I just really love bass fishing I guess why is I grew up trout fishing as described before just watching a bobber float and with bass fishing I found it more to my liking becasue you are more active unless the bite is really tough and you have to resort to super slow carolina rigging or drop shotting.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Trout fishing?

    You are right about the people waiting on the truck. I usually go after it the fishing has slowed down. I have no problem catching fish whenever I go. I've just learned to adapt and become a better fisherman. I will even go to streams that have not been stocked in forever and catch fish.
    crack is whack

  6. #16
    Inactive Member imported_spike's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2006
    Posts
    270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Trout fishing?

    [ QUOTE ]
    You are welcome. I don't do much trout fishing I am a bass fisherman myself. According to the site Stock creek in scott county is a good place and was stocked yesterday. Big Tumbling Creek in Washington County is a real good trout fishery, it is stocked daily. I don't know anything about Stock Creek, maybe stipes can fill you in more about it.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I like catfishing myself but this time of year I like catching and eating those trout. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    681
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Trout fishing?

    Unicoi Co. In TN has some good trout fishing
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

    I belong to God Now.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member AppyDawg40's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 10th, 2005
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Trout fishing?

    if you cant get a bass off the nest, catch a blue gill and toss it in.....its always worked for me.....
    Its not the size of the dog in the fight....Its the size of the fight in the dog....
    -40-

  9. #19
    Inactive Member imported_SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Trout fishing?

    a little off topic here (dont mean to derail your thread) but anyword on when their restocking big cherry?

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Trout fishing?

    great idea, except the huge [censored] fine and loss of fishing privileges for the rest of your life in some places if you get caught. haha
    Cant we all just get along?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •